On today’s episode of Love, Then Money, Katelyn and Jenny discuss their limiting beliefs around money, where those beliefs come from, and how they impact their relationship with finances today.
Jenny and Katelyn are business partners that own a yoga studio. Even though they have the same salary, they still take very different approaches on how to use their money. Katelyn thrives on the freedom that financial stability gives her, but she also wants to save for the future. Jenny, however, is limited by the fear that financial planning brings her.
Jenny and Katelyn’s responses to dealing with finances are reflections of their childhood experiences with money. They both discuss the financial struggles that they experienced growing up, and how their parents’ perspectives helped shape the ways they view money today.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What are your limiting beliefs around money? (1:29)
- How does living in the moment affect your finances? (2:42)
- Where does the habit of constantly thinking about the future come from? (3:34)
- Will you ever be ready to stop working? What is your vision for the future? (3:49)
- How do you feel the universe works with determining who deserves money and who doesn’t? (10:30)
- Do you feel guilty for being financially successful? (14:09)
- Is giving money ever a point of contention in the relationship? (15:59)
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Katelyn’s limiting beliefs about money. (1:37)
- Katelyn’s financial vision for the next 5 years and beyond. (4:06)
- Jenny’s limiting beliefs about money. (8:37)
- Jenny’s hesitation to have a vision about money. (9:40)
- How your childhood experience with money influences your habits as an adult. (15:17)
- How giving or donating money can be a point of contention in a relationship. (16:18)
The Body Electric: